Thursday, April 16, 2015

In One Ear and Out The Other

I remember reading my texts on my Google+ hangout chat with one of my best friends, not only that but also my crush, Lucas Friar. When he apologized to us on Google+ that time, I missed him so much I immediately accepted the apology and I didn't think twice, or even once for that matter. I remembered Maya, cold-blooded, bruised and scarred for life. I pictured her blotched up wrist that I remember seeing happen one night that I wasn't in the right mind and defending her wasn't the first thing that crossed my mind. Lucas promised he'd never hit Maya again, because that's what I was worried about. For about 3 days, for the first time in months which felt like years, we actually were 100% the way we were in Girl Meets World, no more, no less. We have a new episode airing tomorrow night, and we had almost made it to the end, where we could get filled up by the new episode and nothing would strain us from being normal. We'd b safe for at least a week or so, longer if we really tried. But last night Maya told me we needed to immediately go to bed, especially when Lucas came to join Maya, Riley Bria, Quentin, Jax and I for a nice and simple game of Truth or Dare. "Do you trust me?" Maya asked me in a panicked voice. "Yes" I said. "Then we need to go to bed, now. Right now" Maya said. I saw Lucas standing there and felt like this was my chance to truly hangout with him and talk to him and engage the way we used to. Then Maya started blabbing and she didn't even take a single breath. She was telling the story of what she'd think would happen on her actual first date, not counting the one she had with Farkle that time. Lucas put his hand on her, attempting to make her quiet, and it worked. Too well. I was ready to just go and avoid the sensation I could see would end up happening. Maya and Lucas, all over again. "It's one day until our new episode airs, we can't just give up now" I thought inside. But I didn't want either of Lucas and Maya saying anything to me, so I let them be. Riley Bria and Jax started being all grossly romantic because, well they have an on-and-off relationship. At least theirs is an actual relationship. Lucas and Maya just have the intention to feel some sort of pleasure and happiness by pretending to love each other and just have fun with it. Yep, that's what I'm going with. Then following Jax and Riley, Lucas and Maya played that stupid romance card too. I was heartbroken and I ran out crying. I ran to my parents and got in bed with them. I soon came to realize that they wanted the same alone time I was giving Lucas and Maya, just by storming out. So I went and slept with Auggie for a bit. Then hours later, I woke up and needed a drink. I walked by the closed bedroom door of the room that I thought was mine, but inside thought maybe it wasn't anymore. I heard puking sounds and gagging like someone was hurt or maybe sick. So I took a bucket in and wondered what was going on. I saw Jax standing there, almost throwing up, so I gave her the bucket. I looked down and Maya who was vulnerable and could hardly move a muscle, not just from pain, but also from fear. When Quentin told me what overly went on, I realized what'd happened. Lucas beat up Maya again, but it was way worse this time. She had a number of scars on her arms, that almost looked as if she were cutting arms up, but that obviously wasn't the case. I knew that when I saw her usual pale loom on one side of her face, and the other side of her face was puffy and dark red, maybe even a bit purple. "Lucas, you promised me you'd never hit her again" I cried. My tears were harder to hold back than they were on a regular basis. What was I supposed to do now? "So that was your point. You just wanna ruin everyone we know. First you get all romantic with Maya, knowing it'd hurt me, and that's how you got me down. Then once I'm down, you take Maya down by literally taking her down" I explained. Maya showed me her scars and bruises and admitted that she could've shut her mouth a bit. But she said that stuff out of self-defense and defense towards Riley Bria and Jax, as well. Then when my dad came in, I was already crying my eyes out from the emotional betrayal Lucas laid upon me. My dad couldn't handle all the tears and drama, so he got my mom who took me and asked Maya to explain the story. To my surprise, Maya actually told the whole thing as it happened. When I heard the parts where she got beat by Lucas, it broke my heart. I felt so compassionate for not just her, but myself too. I felt deeply sorry for both of us. Then Shawn and Jax's dad, John came in. Shawn almost pounded Lucas for beating Maya up, and turns out while I was gone, Riley Bria broke Jax's heart and so her dad took care of him as well. The night was winding down and Maya and I were both in emotional distress, while she was also in no good physical state. Jax was puking and sick inside, while Maya was broken on the outside. I never could've asked for a worse night than that. Now, everytime I see the commerical for our new episode airing tomorrow, I'm going to boo it like I did before Lucas apologized, because I hated watching us the way we used to be, it was like a literal reflection. I don't really know what or why that happened, but it taught me a lesson, forgiving those who have failed several times, is basically asking them to beat up your best friend, after using her to make you feel bad. So is Lucas the same? No. Will he ever be again? No. So Girl Meets World is ruined, and you'll likely see of this issue in Season 2 and if we're that vulnerable, also in Season 3+. We'll never know what the future holds, but we'd better watch our backs just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment